Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MPI104-2007 Assessment No.1 Post

Blogger

I have found the blogging process very interesting. I hated talking about myself so posting links to interesting websites was how I made it exciting. So far I have 15 posts. I tried to create a bold, minimal, eye catching blog, achieved through strong colours and by limiting the number of fonts used.

- I have multiple links in my sidebar
- I currently have 15 posts
- Most of my posts have links
- I have commented on some other people’s posts
- I have updated a profile
- I have tried many times to upload a picture to my profile unsuccessfully
- I have experimented with different templates
- I have experimented with fonts
- I have experimented a lot with colours ( high contrast)
- Some of my posts contain pictures
- All my posts have titles
- I have a description of my blog
- I have added a video bar, links bar
- I have posted a link to my Technorati
- Have tried to had a counter unsuccessfully

Del.icio.us

I tried to make my del.icio.us account interesting to me. For me to use the site it had to contain all the bookmarks I use on a regular basis, knowing I could access them anywhere. It’s also been a good way of networking websites between different users. Found this the most rewarding out of the three.

- I have saved around 70 bookmarks at this stage
- I have progressively saved more bookmarks
- Del.icio.us is an intergral part of my workflow
- Most bookmarks have descriptions
- Bookmarks have tags
- I have bundled tags
- I have subscribed to tags
-All appropriate bookmarks have MPI104-2007 tag
- I have joined a network
- I had problems trying to save links for others
- I have bookmarked my flickr home page
- I have bookmarked my blog homepage
- I have a del.icio.us post on my blog
- I have posted a working link to my del.icio.us post on the metablog
- Have currently do not know how to create a link roll on my blog



Flickr

I would not like to think I uploaded images onto flickr because I wanted to impress other users. I see it as a great way to store images online and meet other users with similar interests. I have used the tags: banksy, brody, design, family, golf, holiday, monogram, mpi1042007, party, photography, roaming, textures and tuncurry. I have been uploading pictures that properly reflect the state of mind I am in at the moment. Graphic Design is at the forefront, things that catch my eye (textures, monograms) and could be used at a later date. Also there are some more personal family and friend’s pictures. I have discovered an amazing Digital Manipulation Group, well worth a look.pixtricks

- I have uploaded about 80 photoes at this stage
- I have progressively uploaded more pictures
- All pictures have titles
- Some pictures have descriptions
- Some pictures have MIP104-2007 tag
- Pictures have tags other than MPI104-2007
- I have joined MPI104-2007 group
- I have pushed pictures to MPI104-2007 group
- I have contacts
- I have joined other groups
- I have nominated favourites
- I have commented on other user’s pictures
- I have a flickr profile
- I have flickr post on my blog
- I have posted working link to flickr post on metablog

No comments: