Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Assessment#2 blog post

Flickr

- has uploaded more than the minimum pictures
- I have organised pictures into sets and pools (house warming party, design and monograms)
- uploaded screenshots of examples of good and bad aesthetics in websites
- all pictures have titles and descriptions
- pictures of interest to other students have MPI104-2007 tag
- pictures of no interest to students do not have MPI104-2007 tag
- all pictures have tags other than MPI104-2007 tag
- I have pushed over the minimum pictures to MPI104-2007 group
- I have over 12 contacts, joined over 3 groups and nominated over 6 favourites

I have tried to upload images that are not too personal and relate to art, design and other interesting stuff. I have used Flickr to look for resource design material. I feel it's interestingness comes from it's ability to relate to other students interests.

Del.icio.us

- I have saved over the minimum number of pages of bookmarks
- all bookmarks have descriptions
- all bookmarks have tags
- has bundled all tags (except for: tags)
- all bookmarks of interest to students have MPI104-2007 tag
- bookmarks of no interest to students do not have MPI104-2007 tag
- have several different del.icio.us users on my network
- have saved links for others

Most of my bookmarks are related to design, although their are more personal tags relating to golf and sport. Del.icio.us has been a tool that has been intergrated into my workflow. It has enabled me to save resources used for university, my regular bookmarks and new bookmarks found through my network. Aesthetically speaking del.icio.us is a well structed website, it's interestingness comes from it's content ( in it's ability to bookmark personal interests + other people with the same interests).

Blog

- without knowing the minimum number of post i feel i have posted on a regular bases
- all posts have working links
- have experimented with templates, fonts and colours
- have included a RSS feed of my del.icio.us bookmarks
- have a technorati "fave this blog" button
- have nominated ba-ma metablog as a favourite on technorati
- have a counter
- included a blog post about visitors

I now know the amount of work that goes in to maintaining a blog. The aesthetics process for me as a graphics student is a good way to change an online environment rather than dealing with just print material. I have corrected some spelling mistakes in earlier posts to improve the legibility of my blog. The content on my blog deals with my interests in design, golf and other interesting sites found during this semester. I have tried to create a subdued, minimal blog where no two colours clash and there are only the necessary elements on the page, a process that took a serious length of time.

No comments: